Here at Guernsey Post we are proud to employ a rich and diverse mix of people who reflect the communities in which we live and work. Every member of the team is dedicated to providing the Bailiwick with an outstanding postal service. Our commitment to developing and looking after our employees is shown by our second placing in the 'people development' category at the prestigious World Mail Awards, and also by our success in achieving 'Investors in People' Gold status.
Guernsey Post offers a contributory pension scheme, health insurance, canteen facilities, car parking and a non-contributory sports and social club.
We are proud to be a member of the Guernsey Employment Trust which creates employment opportunities for disabled people and assists them to prepare for, find and maintain work in Guernsey.
If you would like to speak to a member of the HR team about any possible vacancies please telephone 01481 726241.
We currently have the following job vacancy available:
We are looking to recruit a talented and driven individual to join our IT team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the service desk and providing responsive end user support for Guernsey Post’s IT systems and equipment. The role is varied and involves support of software applications, desktop PCs, laptops, mobile phones, retail systems, printers, Apple Mac, and rugged Android based devices. The role will help manage and maintain GPL’s on-premise and cloud-based systems and deliver ongoing improvements.
The candidate will need to have relevant IT experience, excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, and be highly motivated. Excellent communication skills are essential.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in an IT helpdesk environment is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Team player with excellent communication skills. Pragmatic and approachable.
- Logical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, and Active Directory.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Broad understanding of information technology. Experience of working with some of the following technologies is desirable:
- Server and network infrastructure, including VMWare virtualisation, HP SAN, switches, VoIP and firewalls.
- Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and Azure AD.
- Microsoft SQL server.
- Atlassian JIRA service desk
- Valid driving licence.
Please contact Neil Pailing, Head of IT & Digital Change on 733563 to discuss the role informally.
For a full copy of the job description and an application form to apply for the role please contact Sophie Gavey, HR Officer at email@example.com or on 733552.
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th March 2020
To apply for any vacancy shown, please telephone the named contact to discuss the vacancy, then download the application form from the blue form download panel (in Adobe Acrobat PDF format).
Please print out and send the completed form to:
Guernsey Post Ltd
St. Peter Port,