Have your parcel delivered first time, every time*, even when you are not at home.
Choose a safe and secure place for our postal workers to leave your parcel.
Your Safe Place must be on your property or you can nominate a neighbour to sign for your delivery.
- Free of charge
- Parcels delivered first time
- No waiting in to receive your delivery
- No need for redelivery or collection
Why not make a weatherproof and secure outside storage box, shed or garage a Safe Place for your post?
Manage your Guernsey Post services online by setting up an Post eAccount. After creating your account select 'Sign me up for Safe Place'.
* A Safe Place cannot be used for Signed For items. Terms and conditions apply.
1. Definitions used in these Terms and Conditions
- "Application Form" means the application form for the Service
- "Guernsey Post" means Guernsey Post Limited of Postal Headquarters, Envoy House, La Vrangue, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1AA and which shall, where the context allows, include its successors and any assigns
- "Address" means the postal address to which this Service is to apply
- "Service" means the EBOX and/or Safe Place service which is subject to these Terms and Conditions
- "Signature" means services that must be signed for by the recipient in order to complete the delivery process
- "Terms and Conditions" means these terms and conditions
- "You" or "your" means the person(s) applying for the Service
2. Using the Service
2.1. Application for the Service
- a. Completion of the Application Form indicates agreement with these Terms and Conditions
- b. Guernsey Post has the right to refuse any application for the Service
- c. All addresses must be correct and contain the correct postcode - for full and correct address details please contact the Customer Services Team on 711720 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.guernseypost.com/postcode_finder/
- d. Application for Service must be made in accordance with the requirements set out on the Application Form
- e. Provision of Service at the relevant address is subject to Guernsey Post's agreement and exercised solely at Guernsey Post's discretion
- f. Guernsey Post has no liability for any items left at the agreed designated delivery point
- a. The nominated Safe Place must be within the grounds of your property, unless you have nominated an adjacent neighbour.
i) If a neighbour has been nominated, their name and address need to be supplied.
ii) Only one Safe Place registration is required per household.
- b. A Safe Place Delivery service will take 5 working days to become operational.
- c. Safe Place service is not available for businesses, hotels, boarding houses, clubs, or any other type of transient lodging.
- d. You are responsible for notifying Guernsey Post of any change of address. Guernsey Post has no liability for any items directed to the designated delivery point if you have moved and Guernsey Post has not been notified of the move and/or new address.
3. Variation of the Service(s)
3.1. Suspension or termination of the Service
- a. Guernsey Post, at its sole discretion, has the right to suspend, terminate or limit the Service at any time. In particular, Guernsey Post may suspend or terminate the Service at any time if these Terms & Conditions are breached by you.
3.2. Cancellation of the Service
- a. Any cancellation of the Service by you must be made in writing by you to Guernsey Post in which case Guernsey Post will stop using the service as soon as reasonably practicable.
- b. Under "The Health and Safety at Work (General) Ordinance, 1987, Guernsey Post has a duty under law to ensure the health, safety & welfare of employees at work. If your property has a dog, please be advised that Guernsey Post reserves the right to assess the risk to its employees and reject any Safe Place areas that expose its employees to potential risk of attack or injury during delivery.
4.1. Personal information
- a. By requesting the Service, you hereby authorise Guernsey Post to collect, process and store the personal information requested on this Application Form and to disclose it to parties who are required to know for the purpose of providing the Service, including any parties related to Guernsey Post. Guernsey Post is required to comply with data protection legislation applicable in Guernsey.
- b. In addition, by subscribing for the Service, you hereby give your consent to Guernsey Post to:
- c. Check from time to time whether you have applied for any redirection service and, if any redirection is identified, to terminate the Service in respect of the Relevant Address.
- d. To contact you by email with any updates or additions to the Service.
4.2. Verification of change to details
- a. If there is any change to the information contained in the application form, or if you change address, you will provide Guernsey Post with new information within 30 days of such changes occurring.
4.3. Amendments to Terms and Conditions
- Guernsey Post reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. The provision of the Service(s) is subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any queries, please contact the Customer Services team on 711720