Your own PO Box
A PO Box is a secure and private destination for your post. You don't have to share your street address publicly and if you move office you don't have to change your postal address. PO Box mail is also available to collect earlier than it is delivered to offices and homes.
- Use your PO Box address and postcode on all PO Box correspondence
- Guernsey Post PO Boxes are available at Envoy House and Smith Street in Guernsey; Victoria Street in Alderney and The Avenue in Sark (subject to availability)
- PO Box holders are issued with a key as well as a check card for collecting Special Delivery items
- Set up fee and annual fees apply
- To obtain a PO Box you must be a Guernsey Post account holder
- Completion of the Application Form and use of the Servive idicates agreement with the following Terms and Conditions;
- All fees will be invoiced in advance or a Direct Debit payment option is available.
- The service is available for 12 month periods
- The PO Box facility will be granted only for the permanent address in the Bailiwick at which an applicant resides (residential only) or trades in Guernsey. We must be notified of any change of address
- Subject to availability of boxes, there is no maximum number of PO Boxes per customer per permanent address
- The box number and dedicated postcode will become part of the address and should be shown on the holder's letterheads, invoices, statements etc.
- Incorrectly addressed post may be delayed or returned to sender. The postcode used in the address should be that of the PO Box and NOT that of the holders' premises
- We will not disclose the full address of the user of the PO Box to anyone requesting the information unless there is a legal or regulatory requirement to do so, or disclosure is made in accordance with The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017
- A key to the box will be issued to the holder so that only his or her representative may obtain the correspondence
- A notification card will be issued for any Special Delivery or Signed For items which will need to be collected from the PO Box Counter
- It is essential therefore to safeguard the key and card against loss or misuse. This is the responsibility of the boxholder. If lost, a charge of £75* will be raised to replace the lock and issue a new key and card
- To maintain optimum security, no additional keys or cards will be issued. However, the box holder may have additional keys cut at his or her expense. All keys and cards must be surrendered when the box is given up
- Items may not be collected outside the normal opening hours specified. Items must be collected at least once per month. We may treat an item that is not collected within that time as undeliverable in accordance with the undeliverable post policy
- There is a chargeable 3 month notice period. During this period, or for up to 4 months after it, all the post may be redirected to a single address or another PO Box
- After the expiration of any post redirection service following on from, or concurrent with, the notice period for the PO Box facility, all post received will be deemed to be undeliverable and either returned to sender or destroyed in accordance with our undeliverable post policy
- Redirection is only possible when the PO Box is closed. All items must be redirected to a single new address in that instance or to another PO Box. This arrangement can be maintained for a maximum of four months.
We may suspend, limit or cancel this Service (in whole or part) without penalty and with immediate effect;
- During any technical failure, modification or maintenance to the Service
- Where we are unable to provide the Services due to the occurrence of a Force Majeure event;or
- For any other reason as we, in our absolute discretion, see fit.
Branch Opening Times
|Branch||Monday to Friday||Saturday||Post available|
|Envoy House, Guernsey||7.00am - 6.30pm||7.00am - 12.00pm|
8.00am local mail*
8.45am all register mail
9.00am all other mail
|Smith Street, Guernsey||8.45am - 4.45pm||8.45am - 11.45am||9.15am|
|Victoria Street, Alderney||9.00am - 12.30pm, 1.30pm - 5.00pm||9.00am - 12.30pm||9.00am|
|The Avenue, Sark||8.30am - 1.00pm||2.00pm - 5.00pm||8.30am|
*Please note: Post can be collected from 8.00am from Envoy House, however our quality control procedures are not completed until 8.45am, therefore customers are requested to check post taken before 8.45am from their boxes before leaving Envoy House. We cannot accept responsibility for incorrectly sorted post if it is collected before that time.
The above operation is dependent on the inward mail plane arriving on time from the UK at 6.30am daily. If the mail is delayed a notice may be displayed stating when the mail will be available for final collection.
PO Box Annual Fees
|Branch||One-off set up charge||Annual fee|
|Envoy House, Guernsey||£105.00||£175.00|
|Smith Street, Guernsey||£105.00||£540.00|
|Victoria Street, Alderney||£105.00||£95.00|
|The Avenue, Sark||£105.00||£95.00|
You can also arrange for others to use your PO Box as their address too. Your additional addressees should be declared when you set up the service and if you want to add any new addressees when your PO Box is up and running you will need to give us one month's notice. Our costs for adding extra addressees are outlined in the table below.
|Number of addressees||Cost per additional addressee|
|After 750||No additional charge|
Please note that undeclared additional addresses will be added to your list by Guernsey Post and that you will be charged £50 for each extra undeclared addressee for the remainder of your year of charge.
PO Box Online Application Form
Please complete the Account Facilities form along with a Bank Consent form which you can download as pdfs (see blue links), alternatively please contact Customer Services.
Please be assured that we will treat your personal information with the utmost care and will never sell it to other companies or use it other than as stated in our data protection notice. The personal information you provide us is used primarily to deal with your enquiries or provide the service and products you request. You can find full details of our data protection notice at www.guernseypost.com/privacy-notice
If you prefer to download the pdf application and/or bank forms (see the blue links) Please return them to:
- Customer Services
St. Peter Port
Please Note: We cannot offer redirection facilities unless the PO Box is closed. All items must be redirected to a single new address in that instance or to another PO Box. This arrangement can be maintained for a maximum of 4 months.
We reserve the right to refuse an application for a PO Box without explanation, to close the Box at any time, or to vary, change or amend all, or any of, the terms and conditions relating to PO Box facilities offered by us. Please contact our Customer Services for full details.