You are here
- Order Currency
- BATIF Services
Guernsey Post's BATIF has been the Bailiwick's favourite foreign exchange service for over 25 years and offers 64 different currencies. As well as being able to order online, we have a network of locations, including Guernsey Post Office counters*, the Information Desk at the airport.
- We offer a wide range of currencies. If you can't see what you want give us a call on 01481 723069
- Competitive and current rates
- Comprehensive buy back service
- Order online, over the phone, or at any local Guernsey Post Office counter*
- Order by 1pm for next working day collection in Guernsey.
- Customers in Alderney and Sark will receive currency within 48 hours of ordering (Monday to Wednesday)
- The Information Desk, located within the Guernsey Airport, provides a Euro sell and buyback service offering our rates
- Envoy House - Parcel Collection Counter Collection 17:00 - 18.30. (Please select Parcel Collection Counter when ordering)
- Free Home Delivery
* BATIF is not available at Guernsey Post counters in Co-operative food stores.
Customers can also order by phone - 01481 723 069.
- All orders received by phone before 1pm will be processed at that day’s rate; for orders received after 1pm the following working day's rate will be applied.
Do you have any questions about BATIF foreign currency?
Please scroll through the questions listed below and click on the link to find the answer. If your question remains unanswered then please call 723069 during weekdays.
BATIF is unable to change coins on a regular basis, however from time to time we do a special limited time deal where we will change certain foreign coins. Follow BATIF on Facebook to keep up to date on any offers.
No is the simple answer however some non-Euro countries will accept Euros alongside their own currencies, just be aware some may not offer a very good exchange rate. It's always best to check which currency you need before ordering or buying your currency.
The best time to buy currency is when the 'Sell' rates are high. Conversely the best time to sell back currency is when the 'Buy' rate is low. Although sometimes the rate may appear better on certain days of the week it is not as simple as that, so we would advise you to monitor the rates daily. See our daily rates at batif.gg or follow us on Facebook.
The rates are displayed from the company's (BATIF's) perspective, so the 'Sell' rate is the rate at which we are selling to you the customer, and the 'Buy' rate is the rate at which we are buying back from you the customer.
The rate for leftover currency will be the buyback rate on the day you convert your currency to sterling.
BATIF use sterling as its base currency, so all sales and buy backs need to go through sterling. This will involve two exchange rates, but it can be done.
- BATIF accept debit card payments for online orders.
- For orders placed with a postal branch, cash, or debit card.
- If ordering directly with BATIF at Envoy House, cash, debit card or bank transfer.
If ordering online, you can select to collect from any of the Bailiwick postal branches (excluding the Co-op branches). You can also choose to collect your order from the Guernsey Airport Information Desk.
If ordering currency via the telephone you can collect from BATIF at Envoy House or BATIF at the North Plantation in St Peter Port.
BATIF do offer a delivery service for currency orders placed online. Simply select the home delivery option when ordering.
This is a 'Signed For' service to ensure that the currency is securely delivered.
Simply fill out an application form on the BATIF website https://www.guernseypost.com/batif-loyalty-card and we will post a card out to you. Please read the terms and conditions before using the card.
Currently BATIF is not able to Issue currency cards but please feel free to contact a member of the BATIF team for advice.