Business Reply in the Channel Islands and UK
Guernsey Post's Business Reply service makes it easy for your local, Channel Islands or UK customers to contact you with orders or applications.
- Cost effective - you pay the postage plus a 3p premium for every reply received
- Flexible - use a reply card, envelope or sticker with Guernsey Post's Business Reply design
- Annual licence fee of £80.00
- Responses sent in the Bailiwick are delivered the next day
- Responses sent from the UK are delivered within three working days
- Business Reply licence and an account with Guernsey Post are required
Business Reply dimensions
Size: minimum 140mm x 90mm, maximum as Letter, Large Letter/Flat and Packet formats.
Thickness: minimum for envelopes is 0.25mm
Weight: as Letter, Large Letter/Flat and Packet formats.
These specifications must be used when designing a Business Reply service item. To ensure that the design is acceptable you must submit a proof before printing and distribution.
- The name and full postal address of the licensee must be printed parallel to the length of the card, envelope, folder or gummed label, with GUERNSEY and the postcode printed in block capitals;
- The front side of the card or envelope must bear two vertical lines near the top right and edge (postage stamp area) as shown in the design below. The vertical lines must be of equal length and must be 5mm wide and no more than 6mm from the top edge;
- The outer edge of the right hand line must be 10mm from the right hand edge;
- The wide vertical lines must be separated by 20mm, and a figure ‘1' in outline type between 16mm and 20mm high, must be included 5mm from the left hand vertical line;
- Permitted tolerances are shown on the diagram below
- Any advertising on the address side should be to the left of the address as shown below. It must never appear any lower than the last line of the address;
- A band of at least 18mm should be left clear across the bottom of the card/envelope;
- It is also important that no element of the design mimics the vertical ‘postal marking' lines
- Print colours should preferably be in a dark blue or black, however coloured backgrounds are acceptable as long as they are not too dark or dazzling and provided it makes the print easy to read. Dyes should not contain phosphorescent substances;
- The mail item must be oblong, with the longest edge at least 1.4 times the length of the shortest edge;
- Envelopes must be made from paper weighing at least 70gsm and cards must be made from paper a minimum of 200gsm;
- Envelopes should be sealed on all edges and not ‘fold & tuck' or polywrapped. Wallet style envelopes should also be used and the flaps must be properly sealed;
- The mail item must not contain stiff or metallic items such as keys, discs, CDs or badges.
If you would like to discuss this service with one of our Customer Services team please call on 711720 or email email@example.com. Or if you wish to register an interest in finding out more about our NEW FedEx UK service please click here.
Register an interest in FedEx UK before 29th March 2018 and receive 10% off your FedEx UK shipments throughout April 2018*.
*Applicable to first time registrations from 1st January 2018.
Business Reply Online Application Form
Annual Licence Fee: £80.00. Premium per item 3p.
- All reply cards/envelopes must be pre-printed.
- To promote a reply paid service in TV, radio or press advertising, use the Freepost Service.
- See design specifications above.
- Please note: this service does not extend to the Republic of Ireland.
Along with the form below, please complete the Account Facilities Form available online along with a Bank Consent Form (see the blue links) which you can download as a pdf or pick up from any Post Office branch, or contact Customer Services.
If you are downloading pdf forms, please complete and send your completed form(s) to:
St. Peter Port
Or visit any Guernsey Post counter.