Paying for your TV Licence through Guernsey Post could not be any easier, whether you choose to do so by installments or in one lump sum.
You must by law have a valid TV Licence if you use or install a television or other TV receiving equipment (VCR, set-top box, DVD recorder or PC with a broadcast card) to receive or record television services. A TV Licence is necessary for each and every separately occupied dwelling or address, although one TV Licence covers any number of television receivers at the single address specified on each licence. TV Licence information and forms are available from all Guernsey Post branches apart from The Business Hub.
Over 75 Licence
In Guernsey and Alderney the BBC pays for free TV Licences for those residents who are over 75 and in receipt of Income Support. Guernsey Employment & Social Security will let TV Licensing know who is eligible.
If you don't meet these conditions, and you need a TV Licence, you'll need to buy one.
Concession for blind people (severely sight impaired)
If you or someone you live with is blind (severely sight impaired), you qualify to receive a 50% concession on the cost of your TV Licence. To claim this discount, you need to provide a photocopy of either the document of blind registration or a certificate from your ophthalmologist stating that you are blind.
Ways to pay
You can pay by cash and debit card at all Guernsey Post branches. The cost of a licence can also be spread over 12 months (you will need your invoice or TV licensing card).
Our existing saving stamps scheme has been replaced by simpler, more convenient and secure TV Licensing Savings Card: application forms are available at all our branches.
Savings Card benefits
- Convenience - card payments can be made at any branch by cheque, cash or debit card.
- Security - payments are recorded electronically so even if you lose your card your payments will be safe.
- Flexibility - you can pay as much as you like where and when you like.
- Easy tracking - we will give you quarterly statements and you can check your balance any time by calling us on 0300 790 6071.
- Applying for a Savings Card.
There are two simple ways to apply for your Savings Card:
- Just pick up a Savings Card form from one of our retail branches and we will help you to fill it in and send it on to TV Licensing.
- Call 0300 790 6087 and arrange your Savings Card by providing your name and your current TV Licence number.
Guernsey Post can issue TV Licences with immediate effect but further enquiries or complaints must be dealt with by the TV Licensing authority. For further information on TV Licences and other ways to pay click on the TV Licensing website.