All PO Box holders are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All fees will be invoiced in advance or a Direct Debit payment option is available.
- The service is available for 12 month periods
- The PO Box facility will be granted only for the permanent address in the Bailiwick at which an applicant resides (residential only) or trades in Guernsey. We must be notified of any change of address
- Subject to availability of boxes, there is no maximum number of PO Boxes per customer per permanent address
- The box number and dedicated postcode will become part of the address and should be shown on the holder's letterheads, invoices, statements etc.
- Incorrectly addressed post may be delayed or returned to sender. The postcode used in the address should be that of the PO Box and NOT that of the holders' premises
- Guernsey Post will not disclose the full address of the user of the PO Box to anyone requesting the information unless there is a legal requirement to do so, or disclosure is made under Section 29, Crime and Taxation, of the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001
- A key to the box will be issued to the holder so that only his or her representative may obtain the correspondence
- A notification card will also be issued as Special Delivery, Express and Signed For items will not be put into the box but will be handed over to the person presenting the card
- It is essential therefore to safeguard the key and card against loss or misuse. This is the responsibility of the boxholder. If lost, a charge of £75* will be raised to replace the lock and issue a new key and card
- To maintain optimum security, no additional keys or cards will be issued. However, the box holder may have additional keys cut at his or her expense. All keys and cards must be surrendered when the box is given up
- Items may not be collected outside the normal opening hours specified. Items must be collected at least once per month. We may treat an item that is not collected within that time as undeliverable in accordance with the undeliverable post policy
- There is a chargeable 3 month notice period. During this period, or for up to 4 months after it, all the post may be redirected to a single address or another PO Box
- After the expiration of any post redirection service following on from, or concurrent with, the notice period for the PO Box facility, all post received will be deemed to be undeliverable and either returned to sender or destroyed in accordance with our undeliverable post policy
- We cannot offer redirection facilities unless the PO Box is closed. All items must be redirected to a single new address in that instance or to another PO Box. This arrangement can be maintained for a maximum of 4 months.
We reserve the right to refuse an application for a PO Box without explanation, to close the Box at any time, or to vary, change or amend all, or any of, the terms and conditions relating to PO Box facilities offered by us. Please contact our Customer Services for full details.