Congratulations to the three winners of the BATIF 'Write & Create' Postcard Competition 2021.
Lottie Holland, Zara Smart and Lisa Smart were presented with their winning vouchers, as seen below. As part of their prize, they also received a really informative and fun tour of the Channel Islands Air Search Hangar including the aircraft itself 'Lion's Pride'.
A big thank you to everyone at Channel Islands Air Search, who are all dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers, for showing our winners the very impressive equipment needed to run such an important operation, from the digital cameras and flight controls to the hi-tech flight suits.
Winner of the Under 8s category:
Charlotte Holland. The judges loved Charlotte's creative illustration and her writing really evoked the atmosphere of Val d'Isere, her favourite place.
Winner of the 9 to 15 years category:
Zara Smart. The judges loved Zara's colourful, fun use of photography and her very descriptive and well composed postcard depicting Lapland.
Winner of the 16+ years category:
Lisa Smart. Once again, the judges loved Lisa's colourful tropical images and her description of the Indian Ocean which truly conjured up the atmosphere of her favourite place 'The Maldives'.
Staycationing in the Bailiwick this year, yet dreaming of destinations abroad?
BATIF Bureau de Change would like to encourage you to dream and bring your favourite place in the world to life in the form of a 'write and create postcard competition'.
The competition will be open to anyone in the Bailiwick across three age categories, (8 and under, 9-15 and 16+) and we'd like you to tell us about your favourite place in the world. It could be a desert oasis in Timbuktu, maybe Grandma's house in Spain or simply your own cosy Bailiwick bed?
This competition is now closed for judging.
- Describe in 40 - 70 written words your favourite place - where and why?
- Decorate the front in any way you like to reflect your favourite place - it could be a drawing/painting/photos/montage of magazine pics/words - absolutely anything, except it must be A5 size and primarily two dimensional. Texture is permitted but please make sure it can survive the posting process if you are going to post it, otherwise please hand your entry in over the counter at BATIF in Envoy House or BATIF in North Plantation.
- Include your name, age group and contact number or email on the postcard (contact details will be hidden when put on display)
- Post your entry into any Bailiwick postbox
- Hand it in over the counter at BATIF in Envoy House or BATIF in North Plantation
- Pop it in an envelope and address it to:
BATIF Bureau de Change Postcard Competition
St Peter Port
Entries must be in the post or handed in by the end of Saturday 31st July 2021.
Judging will take place in the first week of August and the winners announced on Monday 9th August. The judges will be looking for the postcards that capture the real sense of that individual favourite place.
Our guest judges will be John Fitzgerald - Search Crew & Accountable Manager of Channel Islands Air Search, David Hugo - President of Friends of Channel Islands Air Search and Sarnia Help of BATIF Bureau de Change.
Winners of each category will receive £40 worth of BATIF Travel vouchers or a £40 meal voucher to their local choice of venue and the opportunity to visit the Channel Islands Air Search hangar to learn more about the Charity's work, the volunteers and to visit the Air Search aircraft 'Lions' Pride.'
Terms and Conditions
- Enter as many times as you wish, but postcard submissions must feature a different 'favourite place' on each entry.
- Guernsey Post staff and their famillies may enter except for those members and CIAS members directly associated with the competition.
- Prize vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
Postcard template - click to download or create your own A5 version.